Monday, December 3, 2007

Annie and the Earth

We had a very sweet weekend. No plans really. Just one moment to the next. Yard work, pet care, a real date, a few open houses, a little Christmas shopping and a bunch of prep for Thanksgiving. Whew! Now that I read it back, we did a lot! One thing Annie and I did was get tableware and linens out for the big dinner, and I attached a small fabric tab with each persons initials on it, to each napkin, so our guests can use the same napkin for all meals we have together over the holiday, which in our case will be four or more meals. Annie and I have been talking about the enviornment and how we all make an impact, either positive and negative. So on that note, we also found a grease pencil to mark glasses so the kids don't need a fresh one for every drink they need. We started to calculate all the resources for each new glass or new napkin for each meal and how much energy is used, human (wash, dry, put away) and earth (water, electricity, etc.). When I think of the amount of waste around Thanksgiving, I really want to be mindful about how we care for the earth!


No comments: